The University Purpose and Institutional Autonomy: Challenges and their Impact on Georgia
This two-day international conference The University Purpose and Institutional Autonomy: Challenges and their Impact on Georgia is organised by East European University & Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University on October 29-30, 2021.
Meeting format: Virtual
Working languages of the conference: Georgian, English
The conference aims to explore within an international context those issues in Georgian higher education which directly bear on social, cultural, economic and political development of the country. It is especially important to answer the following questions:
- What should be the purpose of higher education in Georgia?
- What are strengths and weaknesses of higher education in contemporary Georgia?
- What are the solutions to the existing problems?
- How higher education can promote the social, cultural, economic and political development of the country?
- What is the economic environment within which the higher education system in Georgia functions and what are main challenges in this regard?
- How autonomous are higher education institutions in Georgia?
- What is the degree of academic freedom in higher education institutions in Georgia?